The Louisiana Commandery, a Louisiana Non-Profit Corporation, is one of the four largest state Commanderies established by the Military Order of Foreign Wars of the United States. Membership is composed of active duty, reserve and retired officers of the United States armed services, including the Coast Guard, who have served during one of the wars in which this country has engaged and/or is engaged. In accord with the organization's principles and purposes, as stated in the charter, and in response to the challenge issued by the Order's Commander General, the Louisiana Commandery actively supports the United States war to defeat global terrorism.
Our website is dedicated to achieving the following purposes:
- To communicate our solid support of this nation's war effort to our fellow citizens and to the men and women of the U.S. armed services fighting to retain the freedoms we enjoy as Americans, protect the security of our homeland and help to achieve stability and peace.
- To encourage all Americans who view this website to actively support our nation's war against global terrorism so that the men and women of our armed services will know that United States citizens appreciate their loyalty, courage and sacrifices.
- To provide access herein, and by linkages to websites of the Armed Services and regional and state agencies, to information useful to the men and women of the U.S. Armed Services on mobilized duty abroad or in the U.S. and their families and to facilitate access by those who have completed their active duty tours to information regarding further education or jobs.
- To honor the deeds and sacrifices of those Regional and Louisiana citizens who were killed while on mobilized duty.
- To publish the Achievements and Awards of Regional and Louisiana Military and Coast Guard units and their personnel.
*If you know someone who does not have a computer but would benefit from this site, please refer them to their local public library. Most public libraries have computers that can be used to access the internet. The New Orleans Public Library is located at 219 Loyola Avenue in New Orleans. (Phone 504-529-2550).